There’s nothing like a great savory stuffing to spherical out a particular meal, proper? It’s an awesome side-dish to a vacation meal, Sunday evening dinner, or potluck dinner. It’s simple to make a totally plant-based baked stuffing recipe (or dressing), akin to this vegan Cornbread Stuffing with Cranberries. My all-time favourite stuffing recipe is a wealthy, flavorful cornbread stuffing, like my mom would make. So this wealthy, flavorful, but wholesome Cornbread Stuffing with Cranberries highlights the scrumptious flavors of home-baked cornbread, rustic entire grain bread, leeks, mushrooms, rosemary, walnuts, and cranberries. Serve it with my Lentil Patties with Mushroom Sauce to make it a formidable meal!
Rising up in Arkansas, my mom’s household loved cornbread as a day by day accompaniment to their meals, contemplating corn was the first grain they grew on their farm. She all the time made a batch of cornbread the day earlier than, then chopped it into her cornbread stuffing, mixing it with sautéed onions and celery, and an fragrant broth. I turned to my mom’s household traditions and added a number of of my very own touches to this totally scrumptious recipe—rosemary from my backyard, tart-jewel tone cranberries, leeks, mushrooms, and nutty walnuts. This recipe simply retains on giving, because it’s scrumptious the subsequent day too!
Try my Instagram video to learn to make this recipe.
This simple, vegan Cornbread Stuffing with Cranberries is wealthy with the flavors of cornbread, leeks, mushrooms, celery, cranberries, rosemary and walnuts. Good meal for the vacations, or a easy home-cooked nation dinner at residence.
- Make one batch (9×9-inch) vegan cornbread in accordance with bundle instructions or recipe directions. When cornbread is completed, put aside and funky barely.
- Whereas cornbread is baking, place entire wheat bread on a baking dish within the oven and toast till brown and dry (about 8 minutes)—don’t burn.
- Warmth olive oil in a massive skillet and add leek, garlic, and celery, sautéing for 9 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary, cranberries, walnuts and black pepper, and sauté for a further 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice 3/4 of the batch of cornbread into small cubes (about 1 inch sq.). Use the remaining cornbread to get pleasure from for different makes use of (serve it with soup or chili).
- Slice the entire wheat toast into small cubes (about 1 inch sq.).
- Switch the cornbread and entire wheat cubes to a big mixing bowl. Add sauteed vegetable combination and gently toss.
- Add vegetable broth, 1/2 cup at a time, whereas gently tossing. Add simply sufficient broth to attain a moist (however not soggy) combination, with all liquid absorbed. Style and season with salt, if desired.
- Spray a big (3 quart) casserole dish or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and switch the stuffing to the dish.
- Place within the oven, and bake uncovered for half-hour.
- Take away from oven and serve instantly.
*Should you use a cornbread combine, observe instructions however use plant-based milk and an egg alternative to make this recipe vegan.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free cornbread and bread.
- Prep Time: half-hour
- Cook dinner Time: 45 minutes
- Class: Aspect Dish
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 205
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 224 mg
- Fats: 11 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g
Key phrases: cornbread stuffing, cornbread stuffing recipe
For different plant-based side-dishes, try a few of my favorites:
Vegan Broccoli Walnut Au Gratin
Oat Cranberry Pilaf with Pistachios
Balsamic Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Farro
Straightforward Scalloped Potato White Bean Skillet
Quinoa Risotto with Kale and Pistachios