Crisp-tender Lemon Brussel Sprouts are mild and vibrant, made with shaved brussels sprouts, broth, lemon juice, and zest. Simply 5 elements!
Lemon Shaved Brussel Sprouts
This fat-free Brussels sprout recipe is all about texture and brightness, and these crisp-tender shaved Brussels sprouts will persuade any skeptics to strive them (My aunt, who just isn’t a sprouts fan, cherished them). The broth helps season the sprouts and wilts them sooner. They’re a scrumptious, wholesome aspect dish and a fantastic addition to your Thanksgiving desk. They’re additionally gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan! For extra shredded Brussels sprouts recipes, strive my Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Cacio e Pepe Brussels Sprouts.
Why This Works
- Shiny, flavorful and scrumptious approach to put together brussels sprouts
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, whole30 authorised
- Solely 5 elements!
- Weight Watchers 0 factors!
- Straightforward aspect dish
Lemon Brussel Sprouts Elements
- Brussels Sprouts: Trim the ends off two kilos of Brussels sprouts.
- Broth: Use a half cup of low-sodium vegetable or hen broth.
- Salt and Pepper season the sprouts.
- Lemon: Zest one lemon after which juice it.
Find out how to Make Lemon Brussel Sprouts
- Warmth the broth over medium-high warmth in a big, deep skillet. As soon as it simmers, add the sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts, stirring sometimes, till they’re barely wilted however nonetheless have some texture. Take away the pan from the warmth.
- Lemon: If serving instantly, stir within the lemon juice and zest. If making prematurely, stir within the lemon proper earlier than serving the sprouts scorching or heat.
- Oil: This lemon Brussel sprout recipe labored out significantly better with none oil, so I left it out. Be at liberty so as to add some if you want.
- Garlic: Add three massive garlic cloves or two tablespoons of minced garlic to the broth.
- Parmesan: Prime the Brussels sprouts with grated parmesan cheese.
- Spiciness: Add some crushed purple pepper flakes for some warmth.
What’s the best approach to shred Brussels sprouts?
In case you have a meals processor, the quickest approach to shred Brussels sprouts is to connect the slicing disk. Then, throw within the sprouts on the high, and the machine will do all of the give you the results you want.
For those who don’t have a meals processor, you solely want a sharp knife. Lower them in half after which thinly slice them vertically.
And in the event you don’t have time for both of these strategies, you possibly can purchase pre-shredded Brussels sprouts on the grocery store.
What to Serve with Lemon Brussel Sprouts
These Brussels sprouts with lemon shall be excellent with so many fall and winter meals.
Make Forward Suggestions
You possibly can make these simple lemon Brussel sprouts a number of hours prematurely, which can assist the flavors mix and make the sprouts extra tender. Gently reheat them on the range earlier than serving, and add the lemon zest and juice as soon as heat.
Find out how to Retailer Lemon Brussel Sprouts
Leftover shredded Brussels sprouts will hold in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days within the fridge and could be reheated on the range or within the microwave.
Extra Brussels Sprout Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 7 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 cup (cooked)
Use the slicing disk on a meals processor to shred the sprouts, or a pointy knife to halve after which thinly slice them by hand.
In a big deep skillet, warmth the broth over medium-high warmth. When it begins to simmer, add the sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
Sauté, stirring sometimes, till the sprouts are barely wilted however nonetheless have some texture, about 8 to 10 minutes. Take away the pan from the warmth.
If serving instantly, stir within the lemon juice, and lemon zest. If making forward of time, stir within the lemon proper earlier than serving scorching or heat.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us know the way you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 cup (cooked), Energy: 59 kcal, Carbohydrates: 12.5 g, Protein: 4.5 g, Fats: 0.5 g, Saturated Fats: 0.1 g, Sodium: 361 mg, Fiber: 5 g, Sugar: 3 g