Hearty, comforting, and stuffed with garlic, this mushroom rice is a one-pot meal that solely takes half-hour. The tender rice is seasoned with broth and contemporary herbs, and it’s a comforting aspect dish that’s straightforward to make.
We love mushrooms and incorporate them into a whole lot of our meals. They add a hearty and versatile contact to a easy dinner and pair effectively with numerous predominant programs. On this rice recipe, their meaty texture and taste complement the fluffy rice, creating a sturdy, scrumptious, and warming dish.
Why We Love This Mushroom Rice Recipe
- Simple. Rice with mushrooms is surprisingly straightforward to make, and the recipe takes half-hour.
- One pot. I really like one-pot recipes. The very last thing anybody needs when making dinner is to have a number of pots and pans to clean.
- Comforting. That is one among our go-to vegetarian meals. Fluffy rice, earthy mushrooms, tangy garlic, and brilliant herbs will immediately make you’re feeling nourished and comfortable.
- Versatile. I normally make this as a aspect dish, however generally I’ll prime the rice with shrimp, an egg, or some rotisserie hen to make a whole meal.
Elements For Mushroom Rice
- Butter: I take advantage of unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Olive oil: Use olive oil or your favourite cooking oil.
- Garlic: Mushrooms and garlic go completely collectively.
- Mushrooms: I take advantage of cremini mushrooms, however you need to use any sort.
- Onion: A yellow onion is finest for this recipe, however white onions can even work.
- Raw white rice: I like to recommend long-grain rice.
- Contemporary thyme: You possibly can substitute dried thyme or every other contemporary herbs.
- Salt & Contemporary Floor Black Pepper
- Low-sodium broth: Any sort of broth will work. You may as well use water as an alternative.
- Inexperienced onions: You can additionally use chives or parsley as an alternative.
The best way to Make Mushroom Rice
- In a big pan, warmth butter and olive oil. Sauté garlic for 15 seconds, then add mushrooms and prepare dinner for about 8 minutes. Take away mushrooms and put aside.
- Prepare dinner the onions in the identical pan with further oil and butter for 3 minutes, then add extra garlic.
- Stir rice into the pan, seasoning with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of broth, scraping up any brown bits, then add the remaining broth and simmer. Cowl and prepare dinner on low till broth is absorbed, about quarter-hour.
- Flip off warmth, stir in mushrooms and inexperienced onions, cowl, and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff the rice and serve.
Recipe Ideas And Variations
- Wash the rice. It’s all the time good to clean rice earlier than cooking with it as a result of it eliminates additional starch, so it retains the dish from getting gummy. Rinse the rice in a strainer till the water runs clear, then you may add the rice to the recipe.
- Use brown rice. If you wish to use brown rice as an alternative of white rice, you’ll want so as to add a further 1/4 cup of broth, and prepare dinner the mushroom rice for a complete of 40 minutes.
- Make it spicy. For slightly bit of warmth, you may add some chilis with the garlic and onions. Or you may add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you season the dish.
- Garnish. I prefer to garnish this dish with contemporary herbs and grated parmesan, however you can even add chili oil, freshly cracked pepper, and shredded or crumbled cheese.
This straightforward mushroom rice pilaf goes effectively with a hearty entree like these Nation Model Pork Ribs or my highly regarded Garlic Butter Baked Salmon. Our comforting Baked Honey Mustard Hen can also be a terrific thought, as are my Juicy Range Prime Hen Thighs or this scrumptious Sirloin Prime Roast.
The best way to Retailer and Reheat Extras
- To retailer leftover mushroom rice, let it cool utterly, then add it to an hermetic container. It’s going to final within the fridge for as much as 4 days or freeze for as much as 3 months. Thaw absolutely earlier than reheating.
- To reheat, heat it up within the microwave in 20-second increments or on the stovetop over medium warmth. Add a splash of water over the rice when reheating to maintain it from getting dry or clumpy.
Extra Mushroom Recipes to Attempt
In a big pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and soften over medium-high warmth. Stir in half of the minced garlic and prepare dinner for 15 seconds.
Add the mushrooms and prepare dinner for 8 minutes, stirring incessantly, till the mushrooms are caramelized and tender. Switch the mushrooms to a plate and hold them coated. Put aside.
Warmth the remaining butter and olive oil within the pan. Add the diced onions and prepare dinner for 3 minutes. Add the remaining garlic and prepare dinner for 10 seconds.
Stir in rice, thyme, salt, and pepper, and prepare dinner for 30 seconds to toast the rice.
Add ½ cup of broth and, utilizing a picket spoon, scrape up all of the browned bits from the underside of the pan.
Stir within the remaining broth and convey to a simmer. Cut back the warmth to low and canopy. Prepare dinner for 15 to 17 minutes or till the liquid has evaporated.
Take away from the warmth and stir within the mushrooms and inexperienced onions. Then, cowl with a lid and put aside for 10 minutes.
Fluff the rice with a fork or rice paddle and serve.
- Rinse the rice to take away extra starch and stop gumminess.
- So as to add a bit of warmth, embrace chilis with the garlic and onions or a pinch of cayenne with the seasonings.
- To make this recipe with brown rice, add a further 1/4 cup of broth and prepare dinner the rice for 40 minutes.
- Garnish the rice with contemporary herbs, parmesan, chili oil, or cracked black pepper.
- Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for 4 days or within the freezer for 3 months. Reheat with a splash of water within the microwave in 20-second increments or on the range over medium warmth. If frozen, thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
Energy: 216 kcal | Carbohydrates: 33 g | Protein: 6 g | Fats: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4 g | Trans Fats: 0.1 g | Ldl cholesterol: 8 mg | Sodium: 197 mg | Potassium: 395 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 131 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 33 mg | Iron: 1 mg
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might differ in response to the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.