This Roasted Butternut Squash Salad has all of it! Tender, golden butternut squash, salad greens, pomegranate arils, goat cheese, walnuts, and pepitas. Full of taste and served up with a crave-worthy pomegranate dressing that you’ll completely love.
Is there something butternut squash can’t be? I’ve cooked it in soups, casseroles, sheet pan dinners, entrees, sides, you title it, and this salad is only one extra solution to eat up this tender deal with. On this recipe, we’ll make a beautiful salad utilizing roasted butternut squash, nuts, fruits, goat cheese, and extra, organized on a mattress of greens and evenly dressed with a home made pomegranate dressing.
Why I Love This Salad
- Seasonal: Good for Thanksgiving or autumn, this salad could be a festive alternative for vacation meals.
- Gentle and Flavorful: Combining vitamin and style, this salad is a scrumptious solution to take pleasure in a healthful meal.
- Versatile: Whether or not an off-the-cuff lunch or a proper dinner, it’s versatile sufficient to be a principal course paired with soup and bread or served as a facet dish.
- Customizable: You may personalize this butternut squash salad with varied substitutions and additions.
Butternut Squash Salad Components
- For the Squash: butternut squash, olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- For the Salad: blended salad greens, pomegranate arils, pepitas, walnuts, and goat cheese.
- For the Dressing: olive oil, pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper.
How one can Make Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
There are a number of substances right here, however assembling them is straightforward! When you’ve roasted the squash and blended up the French dressing, you simply prepare and toss the substances on a big platter.
- Roast Squash: Preheat the oven to 425˚F and line a baking sheet with foil. Switch the squash to the baking sheet and drizzle with the oil and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper, and roast for about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Assemble the Salad: Organize the blended greens and arugula on a big salad plate. Add pomegranate arils, pepitas, and walnuts. Put aside.
- Mix the Components: Mix the olive oil, pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in a small jar or bowl. Shake or whisk the dressing substances to mix. Style and modify accordingly.
- Prime the Salad: Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Add ready squash and goat cheese, gently toss to mix, and serve.
Recipe Suggestions And Variations
- Substitutions: This recipe could be very versatile! Attempt it with my roasted acorn squash recipe or a delicata. Swap pomegranate arils with raisins, dried cranberries, apples, or grapes. Be at liberty to make use of your favourite greens, nuts, and seeds, corresponding to pecans or sunflower seeds.
- Choosing Squash: Search for winter squash that’s agency, heavy, with minimal scarring, and a matte end on the rind.
- Protein Choices: So as to add protein, think about cooked (and cooled) rooster or turkey, hard-boiled eggs, deli meats, or bacon crumbles.
- Regulate Taste to Style: Personalize the salad. If it’s bland, a bit extra salt typically does the trick. Regulate the dressing’s saltiness or sweetness, and seasoning ranges as wanted.
Butternut squash salad makes an important mild lunch or dinner by itself, however it additionally pairs nicely with a easy Hen Noodle Soup. Attempt it with my Immediate Pot Garlic Pork Tenderloin for a straightforward take or whip up this straightforward Grilled Hen Cordon Bleu.
How one can Retailer Leftovers
If planning to have this salad later, retailer the dressing separate from the salad greens, fruits, and nuts. Mix when able to serve. You too can retailer the dressing in a small jar for as much as 5 days.
Extra Salad Recipes
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Switch the diced butternut squash to the baking sheet and drizzle the squash with oil and maple syrup; season with salt and pepper, and toss to mix.
Roast for 15 to 18 minutes or till tender.
Organize blended greens and arugula on a big salad plate or a salad bowl. To the salad greens, add pomegranate arils, pepitas, and walnut halves. Put aside.
In the meantime, make the dressing, and in a jar or a mixing bowl, mix the olive oil, pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper; shake or whisk to mix. Style and modify accordingly.
Pour the dressing over the salad greens and gently toss to mix.
Take away the butternut squash from the oven and add it to the salad; toss gently to mix.
Prime the salad with goat cheese, style and modify accordingly, and serve.
- Do this salad with completely different winter squashes like acorn or delicata. Use raisins, dried cranberries, apples, or grapes, and add in your favourite greens, nuts, and seeds.
- So as to add protein, think about choices like cold-cooked rooster, hard-boiled eggs, deli meats, or bacon crumbles.
- If the salad tastes a bit bland, add extra salt and pepper, or modify the dressing’s saltiness or sweetness and seasonings as wanted.
- FYI, this salad can serve as much as 8 individuals as a facet salad.
Energy: 325 kcal | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Protein: 8 g | Fats: 25 g | Saturated Fats: 5 g | Trans Fats: 1 g | Ldl cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 77 mg | Potassium: 487 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 6637 IU | Vitamin C: 24 mg | Calcium: 81 mg | Iron: 2 mg
Dietary data is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values could range in line with the substances and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.