This Scorching Rice Soup is a novel recipe that includes a flavorful broth loaded with tender veggies, shrimp, and scallops. It’s topped with crispy parts of fried rice that slowly soften, melting deliciously into the soup.
Why You’ll Love Scorching Rice Soup
- This soup is a full meal in a bowl with veggies, seafood, and fried rice on prime.
- The excellent crunchy texture because of the dynamic twist that the crispy fried rice provides to the soup.
- You’ll benefit from the punch of taste from the ginger and garlic paired with sesame oil and soy sauce and complemented by the sweetness of oyster sauce. All collectively, it creates a slurp-worthy expertise!
What Is Scorching Rice Soup?
Scorching Rice Soup is a novel Chinese language-inspired dish that’s comprised of a flavorful broth loaded with sauteed veggies and proteins, often seafood, however you’ll additionally typically see the addition of hen and/or pork. The veggies, proteins, and broth are ladled into bowls and topped with freshly fried parts of rice that add a crispy texture to the dish.
Scorching Rice Soup Components
- White lengthy grain rice: Or jasmine rice. Rinse it completely earlier than cooking.
- Toasted sesame oil
- Canola oil
- Garlic & Ginger
- Vegetable broth: Hen broth will even do nicely right here.
- Soy sauce: Liquid aminos may also be used.
- Oyster sauce
- Jumbo shrimp: Peeled and deveined.
- Bay scallops
- Salt and pepper
- Veggies: Shiitake mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, and child bok choy.
- Garnish: Inexperienced onions and sesame seeds.
Methods to Make Scorching Rice Soup
At first look, this soup appears a bit intimidating, however it’s extra manageable than it appears to be like – take issues one step at a time. Right here’s a fundamental overview of methods to make it.
- Prep. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare dinner the rice in accordance with the bundle instructions. Then, unfold it over the parchment-lined baking sheet and let it cool utterly. Bake it for 20 minutes, then break the dried rice into 16 parts.
- Make the Broth. Saute the garlic and ginger in canola oil. Pour within the vegetable broth and convey it to a boil. Stir within the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare dinner the seafood. In a separate pan, saute the shrimp and scallops till cooked by. Take away the seafood from the pan.
- Sauté the veggies. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the identical pan and saute the mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, and bok choy till simply tender. Stir the seafood into the pan with the veggies. Divide the combination between 8 soup bowls and prime with the broth.
- Fry the rice. Warmth the canola oil over medium warmth in a saucepan to 350˚F. Fry a couple of parts of rice at a time for 30 seconds. Add 2 parts of rice to every bowl of soup.
- Serve. Garnish with chopped inexperienced onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Rinse the rice to take away starch. This can end in a crispier texture upon frying.
- Completely dry the rice after rinsing it to make sure it fries to a crisp as a substitute of turning soggy.
- Keep away from crowding the pan when sautéing the seafood and veggies to attain a correct sear moderately than steaming.
- Use a sweet thermometer to warmth the oil to precisely 350°F for excellent fried rice with out sogginess.
- Fry the rice in small batches to keep up the oil temperature and for constant crispiness.
Scorching rice soup is an entire meal all by itself, however I like the contemporary chunk that this Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad or my Sesame Cucumber Salad brings to a savory soup. Snack on Shrimp Toast or Air Fryer Crab Rangoon whereas slurping down this flavorful delight. Observe up the soup with my Basic Tso’s Hen or this Pork Chop Suey.
Methods to Retailer And Reheat
- Retailer the soup and fried rice individually. As soon as cool, retailer every in a separate hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Permit each to thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- To reheat the soup, switch it to a saucepan and set it over medium warmth, stirring sometimes, till heated by. The rice ought to be baked at 400˚F for five to 10 minutes.
Extra Soup Recipes To Attempt
Welcome soup season with open arms with these splendidly flavorful, heartwarming bowls of goodness.
For the Soup
- 3 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ pound bay scallops
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon floor black pepper
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 heads child bok choy, chopped, use white components solely
- chopped inexperienced onions, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
For the Scorching Rice
Prep. Preheat the oven to 325˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; put aside.
Rinse. Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh strainer till the water runs clear.
Prepare dinner the rice in accordance with the instructions on the bundle or prepare dinner it within the immediate pot. To prepare dinner it within the Instantaneous Pot, switch the rice to an Instantaneous Pot and stir within the water, sesame oil, and salt. Shut the strain cooker and prepare dinner on excessive strain for 3 minutes. Let the strain launch naturally for 12 minutes earlier than eradicating the lid of the strain cooker and fluffing the rice with a fork.
Cool. Unfold the cooked rice over the parchment-lined baking sheet and let it cool utterly. Then, bake the rice for 20 minutes to dry it out.
Divide. Break the dried rice into 16 equal parts and put aside.
For the Soup
Sauté the aromatics. In a big pot, warmth 1 tablespoon of canola oil over medium-high warmth. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for about 30 seconds till aromatic.
Make the broth. Pour the vegetable broth into the pot and convey it to a boil. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Cut back the warmth to low and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
Prepare dinner the seafood. Whereas the soup is simmering, warmth 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a separate pan over medium-high warmth. Add the shrimp and the scallops and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Sauté till the shrimp flip pink and opaque, and the scallops turn into opaque within the heart. Take away the seafood from the pan and put aside.
Sauté the veggies. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the identical pan you cooked the seafood in. Add the mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, and the white parts of the bok choy. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and sauté till the mushrooms begin to soften and the veggies are just a bit bit tender however barely crisp.
Put all of it collectively. Return the seafood to the pan with the veggies and toss all the pieces collectively. Divide the seafood-veggie combination between 8 soup bowls. Then, divide the broth evenly between the bowls.
Get able to fry. Warmth the canola oil over medium warmth in a 2-quart saucepan till a sweet thermometer reads 350˚F.
Fry the rice. Add 4 parts of rice to the recent oil and fry for 30 to 45 seconds or till crispy. Use a spider skimmer to take the rice out of the oil. Repeat with the remaining rice. Add 2 parts of rice to every bowl of soup.
Serve. Garnish with chopped inexperienced onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and serve.
- Be certain to rinse the rice to take away the starch. This can end in a crispier texture. Then, dry the rice after rinsing to make sure it fries to a crisp as a substitute of turning soggy.
- To prepare dinner the rice, you possibly can comply with my recipe and use the Instantaneous Pot or comply with the directions on the rice packaging.
- Keep away from crowding the pan when sautéing the seafood and veggies. To realize a correct sauté, you’ll have to prepare dinner them in batches.
- Use a sweet thermometer to warmth oil to 350°F.
- Fry the rice in small batches to keep up the temperature of the oil and for constant crispiness.
- Retailer the soup and crispy rice by cooling them first after which inserting them into separate containers. Refrigerate them for as much as 4 days or freeze for 3 months. Defrost within the fridge earlier than reheating. Heat up the soup by gently heating it in a saucepan, stirring till heat. Unfold the rice on a baking sheet and warmth it in a 400˚F oven for five to 10 minutes.
Serving: 2 cups | Energy: 312 kcal | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Protein: 14 g | Fats: 19 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11 g | Trans Fats: 0.1 g | Ldl cholesterol: 42 mg | Sodium: 876 mg | Potassium: 437 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 2155 IU | Vitamin C: 7 mg | Calcium: 42 mg | Iron: 1 mg
Dietary information is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values could fluctuate in accordance with the substances and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.