Neglect the store-bought stuff! This gradual cooker pumpkin puree is means higher. With only one ingredient and about 2 minutes of prep time, you’ll be in your method to the smoothest, tastiest pumpkin puree ever.
I do know. I do know. It’s tremendous simple to run to the shop and seize a can of pumpkin puree. However making your individual is so a lot better. It’s tastier, cheaper, and far more satisfying. This recipe actually solely takes 2 minutes of prep time, and all you’ll want is a few sugar pumpkins. It’s the proper puree to make use of in your subsequent pie, stew, or fast bread.
Why I Love This Sluggish Cooker Pumpkin Puree
- One ingredient. Yep, all you want is a pumpkin.
- Pockets-friendly. Not solely is do-it-yourself pumpkin puree tastier, however it’s additionally simpler in your pocketbook.
- Versatile. Candy or savory, there are such a lot of methods to make use of this pumpkin puree. Make it the star of your subsequent pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin stew, and many others.
What You’ll Want
- Pumpkins – I used sugar pumpkins, however you would use other forms as nicely.
What Pumpkins Are Greatest For Pumpkin Puree?
Sugar pumpkins (or pie pumpkins) are the very best right here. They’ve higher taste and texture than different varieties. You would use one thing else when you’d like, although. I’ve tried heirloom pumpkins and winter squash and so they each prove splendidly. My solely tip is to avoid the large ol’ carving pumpkins. They’re too watery and fibrous and don’t have as a lot taste.
Methods to Make Pumpkin Puree within the Sluggish Cooker
Right here’s a fast have a look at find out how to make pumpkin puree within the gradual cooker. For extra thorough directions, scroll to the recipe card under.
- Load the gradual cooker. Place a liner within the gradual cooker and organize the pumpkin wedges within the basin.
- Prepare dinner. Cowl and prepare dinner on low for 4 to six hours.
- Puree. Scoop the flesh off the pores and skin and puree till clean, utilizing a blender or a meals processor.
Ideas For Success
- Decide the fitting pumpkin. Sugar pumpkins are finest however you’ve received different choices. Simply don’t use a carving pumpkin.
- Use a gradual cooker liner. Whereas you are able to do with out, utilizing a liner will make clean-up a lot simpler.
- Measurement issues. Make sure you slice your pumpkins into equal-sized wedges. If they’re uneven, they received’t all be accomplished cooking on the similar time.
- Low and gradual. Don’t be tempted to show the gradual cooker as much as excessive warmth to get the job accomplished sooner. You simply received’t get the identical outcome.
- Really feel it out. I prescribe 4-6 hours within the gradual cooker. Test your pumpkin at 4 hours. If it’s not extraordinarily simple to pierce with a fork, let it go for an additional hour or two. It may take kind of time relying on the dimensions of the pumpkin wedges.
Methods to Use Pumpkin Puree
This pumpkin puree is flexible and you need to use it in candy and/or savory recipes. I really like utilizing it instead of store-bought puree to make pies, muffins, and fast breads, however it’s additionally nice to include into soups and stews and even pasta sauces.
As soon as the pumpkin puree has cooled utterly, seal it in an hermetic container, ziplock freezer baggage, or wide-mouth canned jars. It can preserve within the fridge for as much as 10 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months. In case you do select to freeze it, I like to recommend thawing it in a colander earlier than utilizing it. It will permit any extra water to empty out.
Extra Pumpkin Recipes
Cowl the gradual cooker with a liner.
Scoop out the seeds and organize the pumpkin wedges contained in the gradual cooker.
Cowl with the lid and prepare dinner on Low for 4 to six hours or till the flesh of the pumpkin could be very tender.
Scoop the flesh off the pores and skin and switch the flesh to a meals processor or blender. Discard the skins.
Mix the pumpkin till clean or to a desired consistency.
Spoon the pureed pumpkin into Ziploc freezer baggage or wide-mouth canning jars.
Pumpkin puree could be frozen for 3 months or refrigerated for 8 to 10 days.
Serving: 1 cup | Energy: 83 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 3 g | Fats: 1 g | Saturated Fats: 0.4 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.04 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.1 g | Sodium: 12 mg | Potassium: 505 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 8 g | Vitamin A: 38129 IU | Vitamin C: 10 mg | Calcium: 64 mg | Iron: 3 mg
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could differ in response to the elements and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.