I hope your weekend was as enjoyable and rejuvenating as mine was. My home is a catastrophe and we’re in restoration mode after our wedding ceremony weekend, however oh my goodness did we HAVE FUN! I can’t wait to indicate you all of our wonderful images from our photographer and all the opposite particulars.
Earlier than I allow you to get on along with your vacation festivities, I’ve one final recipe on your Thanksgiving desk that’s as stunning as it’s scrumptious.
As Taylor would say… Are you readddyyyy for it?
Beautiful candy and spicy brussels and butternut squash are roasted with cayenne pepper, maple syrup and olive oil to golden crispy perfection.
Then in goes crispy bacon (turkey or pork work), dried cranberries (or cherries!) and your absolute favourite crumbled cheese (i vote goat or gorgonzola).
Voila! It’s a elaborate facet dish that everybody goes to gobble up.
FREE Final Thanksgiving Information (+ printable guidelines!)
Whether or not you’re internet hosting or simply attending, this Final Thanksgiving Information e mail sequence is for everybody. Enter your e mail beneath to get all of my greatest recipes, ideas, and a FREE printable guidelines for all your Thanksgiving wants.
Elements on this maple roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts
Belief me after I say you’re going to LOVE the flavors on this beautiful dish. Tender greens, crispy bacon, and scrumptious mix-ins make it completely epic. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Veggies: we’re roasting up candy butternut squash and brussels sprouts to create a beautiful base for this facet dish.
- Olive oil: you’ll want a little bit olive oil to do all that roasting.
- Maple syrup: add a little bit sweetness with pure maple syrup.
- Spices: right here’s the place all that flavaaa is available in! We’re tossing the veggies with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cloves (or allspice), salt and pepper. Candy and savory goodness.
- Bacon: add additional savory taste with some crispy bacon.
- Combine-ins: each chew is SO decadent because of the dried cranberries, toasted pecans, and cheese crumbles. See beneath on your cheese choices!
Make this veggie facet dish your personal
There are countless methods to get artistic with this maple roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts. Listed here are some nice choices:
- Decide your veggies. Be at liberty to swap the butternut squash with pumpkin or candy potato!
- Alter your spice degree. I like the kick of warmth that cayenne pepper provides to this dish, however be at liberty to omit when you don’t like spicy meals.
- Select your mix-ins. You may also use dried cherries, toasted almonds, and gorgonzola, bleu cheese, or goat cheese crumbles!
- Go vegetarian (or vegan). Merely omit the bacon to maintain this dish vegetarian, and omit the cheese to make it vegan.
Suggestions for prepping the butternut squash
You may completely purchase pre-cut butternut squash cubes from the shop, OR observe this information for peeling and cubing butternut squash!
Don’t overlook to toast your pecans
There are two simple methods to do it:
- Range prime methodology: place pecans in a small pan over medium warmth. Stir pecans till toasted and aromatic, about 3-4 minutes. They’re achieved as quickly as they begin wanting darker and odor toasty. Instantly take away the pecans from the pan to a bowl or paper towel to forestall burning.
- Oven methodology: you too can toast the pecans within the oven on a baking sheet at 350 levels F for 6-7 minutes.
See the right way to make the maple roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts
Maple roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts in 4 simple steps
- Prep your pans. Begin by lining a massive baking sheet (or two smaller ones) with parchment paper. Unfold out the butternut squash cubes and brussels sprouts halves on the pans, ensuring they’re not touching in order that they roast and don’t steam.
- Roast the veggies. Whisk collectively the oil, maple syrup, and spices, then pour it all around the veggies and toss properly with clear arms. Roast these greens up till they’re golden and caramelized.
- Prepare dinner the bacon. Whereas the veggies are roasting, cook dinner your bacon, pat away the grease with a paper towel, and chop it.
- Assemble the dish. Add your roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts to a big serving platter or bowl, and fold within the chopped bacon, dried cranberries, and toasted pecans. Garnish along with your alternative of crumbled cheese and serve!
Need to cook dinner the bacon within the oven?
It’s simple! Comply with all of my ideas and tips right here for cooking bacon within the oven, then chop it and add it to the dish.
Save time by prepping these substances forward of time! I like to recommend cubing the squash, slicing the brussels sprouts, and storing them in an hermetic container within the fridge till you’re prepared to complete the recipe. Alternatively, you may roast the veggies as directed, allow them to cool, and retailer them within the fridge the evening earlier than. Then merely reheat the veggies within the oven, cook dinner the bacon, and toss all the things collectively.
Extra Thanksgiving facet dishes you’ll love
Get all of my Thanksgiving recipes right here!
I hope you like this spicy maple roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts! For those who make it make sure you depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Spicy Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon
Candy and spicy maple roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts with savory, crispy bacon, candy dried cranberries, toasty pecans, and crumbled cheese. This filling, veggie-packed dish is the right facet dish or a predominant meal for the vacations or weeknights!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, stems and outer leaves eliminated and halved
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon floor cloves or allspice
- Freshly floor salt and pepper
- 4-5 oz raw bacon
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup toasted pecans halves, chopped
- ⅓ cup your alternative of gorgonzola crumbles, blue cheese crumbles or goat cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 425 levels F. Line a big baking sheet or two small baking sheets with parchment paper. Unfold out brussels sprouts and butternut squash being cautious to not overcrowd in order that the veggies roast and don’t steam. If the pan is overcrowded I counsel utilizing two pans and rotating the pans midway by means of baking.
In small bowl combine collectively the olive oil, maple syrup, garlic powder, cayenne, cinnamon and cloves till properly mixed. Pour over the brussels and butternut squash. Season generously with salt and pepper. Use clear arms to toss collectively then unfold out evenly on the baking sheet.
Roast within the oven for quarter-hour then flip and roast for a further quarter-hour till brussels flip a slight golden brown and squash is fork tender.
Whereas the veggies are roasting, cook dinner your bacon based on the instructions on the bundle. Bear in mind you solely want about 4-5 ounces (or about 4-6 slices).
As soon as achieved cooking bacon and it’s crispy, switch to a paper towel and pat away the grease as a lot as doable, then chop the bacon and put aside.
As soon as the butternut squash and brussels are achieved roasting, switch them to a big serving bowl and gently fold in chopped bacon, dried cranberries and toasted pecans. Garnish along with your alternative of crumbled cheese.
See the total submit for tactics to customise this dish and ideas for making it forward of time!
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 295calCarbohydrates: 27.2gProtein: 8gFats: 18.7gSaturated Fats: 4.1gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 15.1g
This submit was initially printed on November twentieth, 2017, and republished on November ninth, 2023.