This simple spinach salad recipe is a contemporary, scrumptious facet dish! It is crammed with apples, dried cranberries, and pecans. A tangy dressing ties all of it collectively.
This spinach salad recipe is easy, contemporary, and scrumptious. A model of my mother’s favourite salad, it’s crammed with crisp apples, dried cranberries, purple onion, creamy goat cheese, and toasty candied pecans. A shiny apple cider French dressing ties all of it collectively. *Chef’s kiss*
This fall, I’ve been making it on repeat. To be completely sincere, that’s a bit out of character for me, as a result of I’m not all the time a fan of spinach salad recipes (one thing in regards to the texture of the greens, I feel).
So you must belief me after I say that THIS spinach salad actually works. It’s candy, tangy, and savory, and it incorporates a mouthwatering mix of tender, crisp, and chewy elements. In my guide, it’s the right simple facet dish or mild lunch. I feel you’re going to adore it!
Spinach Salad Components
Right here’s what you’ll must make this simple spinach salad recipe:
- Recent spinach, in fact! I really like tender child spinach right here, however mature spinach will work too. Tear the leaves if they’re giant.
- Apple – It provides refreshing crunch. Use a candy, crisp selection like Gala or Honeycrisp.
- Purple onion – For savory taste. Thinly slice it in order that it doesn’t overpower the opposite elements.
- Candied pecans – These candy, spiced nuts are simple to make on the range, however in the event you’d prefer to streamline the recipe, you need to use common toasted pecans as an alternative.
- Goat cheese – For creamy texture and tangy taste. Shaved pecorino is nice right here too.
- Dried cranberries – They add chewy texture and sweet-tart taste.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Spinach Salad Dressing
This spinach salad recipe has one final part: the dressing!
I make an apple cider French dressing with
- apple cider vinegar,
- honey or maple syrup,
- Dijon mustard,
- extra-virgin olive oil,
- and salt and pepper.
Its tangy taste is a beautiful complement to the candy apples and candied pecans.
To make it, simply add the dressing elements to a jar, safe the lid, and shake to mix. Really easy!
- Tip: This dressing retains effectively for as much as 5 days in an hermetic container within the fridge. Make it forward in order that the salad is extra-quick to assemble!
Doable Recipe Variations
This spinach salad recipe is versatile! Although I adore it as written, there are all kinds of how to alter it up. Be at liberty to make it your individual. Listed here are a couple of concepts to get you began:
- Swap the dressing. Strive my balsamic dressing or lemon French dressing.
- Change up the nuts. Substitute the pecans with toasted almonds or walnuts.
- Strive one other cheese. Feta cheese or shaved Parmesan can be scrumptious!
- Use completely different fruits. Toss in sliced pears or orange segments as an alternative of the apples, or use pomegranate arils as an alternative of the cranberries.
- Make it a essential dish. Add a complete grain like farro or wild rice or a protein like roasted chickpeas.
- Make a strawberry spinach salad by changing the apples with sliced strawberries. Omit the dried cranberries, and gown the salad with balsamic dressing or lemon French dressing.
Let me know what variations you strive!
What to Serve with Spinach Salad
This spinach salad is a flexible facet dish. It’s particular sufficient to serve at Thanksgiving or any vacation meal, but it surely’s easy sufficient to arrange on common weeknights too. Pair it with a merely cooked protein or any of those recipes:
I hope you take pleasure in!
Extra Favourite Salad Recipes
Should you love this spinach salad, strive one in every of these contemporary salad recipes subsequent:
Serves 4 to six
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
In a big bowl, place the spinach, apple, and onion. Add among the dressing and toss to mix.
Add the pecans, goat cheese, and cranberries and gently toss. Add extra dressing, as desired. Season to style and serve.