This asparagus shrimp scampi recipe will completely blow your thoughts as a result of it’s made with tons of veggies, contemporary shrimp, and a scrumptious olive oil butter sauce with a splash of lemon. It’s gentle, contemporary, and prepared in half-hour.
The fantastic thing about this scrumptious shrimp scampi recipe is you could actually use any veggies you will have readily available. We selected tender asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and frozen peas for this recipe. I at all times have some form of dry pasta, I at all times have butter, and I at all times have random veggies within the fridge.
Shrimp is one thing I’ve been consuming extra of as a result of it’s simply handy and so tasty (oh, and tremendous excessive protein!). I like to purchase frozen shrimp from the grocery retailer as a result of then I’ve it readily available each time I would like it.
The perfect half about this shrimp scampi pasta recipe is that it serves 6, so it’s seemingly that you just’re going to have some leftovers. As at all times, you will have the choice to double this recipe when you’re serving a crowd, too!
What’s on this shrimp scampi recipe?
- Shrimp: We used precooked jumbo shrimp, however you need to use any dimension shrimp. Simply keep in mind, the smaller this shrimp is, the much less time it wants within the water.
- Asparagus: We used contemporary asparagus for this recipe, however you might use some other inexperienced veggies like inexperienced beans or spinach.
- Pasta: We used fettuccini noodles, however you need to use any sort of pasta that you desire to.
- Tomatoes: We selected cherry tomatoes for slightly burst of sweetness all through the dish, however grape tomatoes would additionally work.
- Peas: We use frozen peas for this recipe as a result of it’s a lot simpler than contemporary peas! Be happy to omit these when you don’t like peas.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese provides this dish such a wealthy, umami taste that we love. You could possibly additionally use pecorino Romano or asiago cheese for the same style. If you wish to minimize down on time, we suggest shopping for grated parmesan cheese.
Get our High 10 5-Star Recipes!
Be part of our electronic mail listing for brand spanking new recipes and BONUS: get our high 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Variations and Substitutions
- Craving some warmth? Add a pinch of pink pepper flakes to the combo. It’s a easy strategy to give your dish a spicy kick that’ll preserve you coming again for extra.
- Desire a creamier sauce? Add just a few tablespoons of heavy cream in step 5 to make this dish creamy.
- It’s also possible to swap in some gluten-free noodles in case you’re gluten-sensitive! So many choices right here, girls and gents.
- Shrimp: be at liberty to make use of raw jumbo shrimp. You may rapidly prepare dinner the shrimp on the stovetop for a couple of minutes earlier than including it to the pasta.
It’s also possible to use uncooked shrimp as a substitute of precooked shrimp for this shrimp scampi with asparagus, however we advise cooking that individually in a skillet with oil and a little bit of salt.
How you can Retailer Leftover Pasta
Retailer leftover shrimp scampi in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-4 days.
Reheat your leftover shrimp scampi in a big skillet over medium warmth till all the pieces is warmed up.
In the event you’re in a pinch, the microwave works, too!
- Garlic Bread: Serve this scrumptious dish with some garlic bread to absorb that scrumptious sauce.
- Facet Salad: Add a salad with some Do-it-yourself Caesar Dressing and Do-it-yourself Croutons. YUM.
- Garnish: Sprinkle some contemporary parsley on high for garnish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 medium white onion chopped
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz. pasta any type
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to style
- 4 cups thawed precooked jumbo shrimp
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup contemporary basil chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan*
Start by heating a big saute pan over medium/excessive warmth. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
When olive oil is aromatic add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then add in asparagus, tomatoes and garlic. Saute veggies till onion is translucent and asparagus is cooked, however not mushy. About 4-5 minutes. Take away from warmth and switch greens in to a separate bowl.
Subsequent, carry 4 quarts a water to a boil. Add pasta and prepare dinner till pasta is al dente, 7-11 minutes. When pasta is sort of finished, add frozen peas to the boiling water and let boil for an extra minute.
Pressure pasta and peas in a colander and put aside.
Lastly, warmth butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium warmth in the identical saute pan as earlier than. When olive oil is aromatic, add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice. Prepare dinner for one minute and add the remainder of the greens to the pan. Combine the shrimp and veggies collectively, cooking for an extra 3-5 minutes over medium warmth.
Take away from warmth and toss the pasta and peas with the greens and shrimp. Add lemon zest, contemporary basil, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper (if wanted).
Suggestions & Notes
- Parmesan just isn’t included in vitamin data
Energy: 473kcal Carbohydrates: 43g Protein: 35g Fats: 18g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 9g