Sharing the outcomes of my IgG meals sensitivity take a look at, in addition to professionals and cons of this testing technique.
Hello buddies! How’s the day going up to now? I hope that you just’re having an excellent one! In the present day, I’m engaged on podcast stuff (new episode tomorrow) and assembly up with a pal for lunch.
For at this time’s submit, I needed to share a bit extra about my private well being journey and one of many steps within the course of: meals sensitivity testing. After I first enrolled within the IHP program (you possibly can take a look at my evaluate of stage 1 right here and stage 2 right here), I knew that I’d love to have the ability to assist buddies and shoppers in a completely totally different, extra personalised means. I had no thought how a lot this data would assist me on a private stage, too.
By means of my data in IHP and testing talents, I’ve been in a position to uncover some root causes and I’m engaged on rebalancing my physique by eradicating the toxicities and restoring deficiencies.
At-home IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at Evaluation (and my outcomes)
The nutshell model:
– Final spring, I had horrible pink eye which turned a set off for fixed eye points – watering, tremendous pink, itchy, mucus-y eyes. I couldn’t put on contacts for nearly three months. I’ve tried just about your entire pharmacy eye part :/
– I noticed many eye docs who have been unable to assist me (they simply needed to throw the kitchen sink of eyedrops and prescriptions at me, and nothing helped) – I lastly discovered a dry eye specialist who was in a position to give me an motion plan and my eyes improved tremendously
– I did blood work with my PCP to verify primary markers and irritation, and two markers for Lupus got here again constructive, which defined the joint ache I had in my fingers and the unusual rashes I’ve had over time. Every time I’ve been beneath intervals of utmost or prolonger stress, I’d get a rash, and my fingers would typically ache at night time, which I had attributed to typing a lot.
– I immediately went into take a look at and study mode, doing an HTMA take a look at, Candida Metabolic and Nutritional vitamins Take a look at, and Meals Sensitivity take a look at. (In case you’re interested in testing, e mail me – I can get higher costs than what is accessible on the web site.) The attention points (which I feel are partially an allergy response) + autoimmune signs advised me one thing was probably happening in my intestine, so I used to be curious to see if I had any yeast, micro organism, and Candida overgrowth (I had all three) and the way my physique was responding to emphasize. I used to be nutrient poor in a number of markers, and likewise had some elevated heavy metals.
– I labored for months to get the irritation down in my physique, and in December, the Lupus markers have been unfavorable!!! YAYYYYY! Whereas I used to be by no means formally identified with Lupus – I used to be ready to see Rheumatology till I might get some solutions and retest and since my signs have been beneath control- this simply tells me that the irritation is certainly down, so good issues throughout.
– I’ve made some big way of life and food regimen adjustments, and my meals sensitivity take a look at was to see if I used to be consuming something that is perhaps inflicting extra irritation. In at this time’s submit, I’ll share the method, outcomes, and the precious data I gained from this at-home take a look at.
*A pleasant reminder that I’m NOT a physician and these assessments don’t diagnose, deal with, stop, or treatment sickness. They’re to supply details about your distinctive physique so you possibly can work with a practitioner to create a customized motion plan.*
My IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at Outcomes
What’s an IgG Response?
IgG, or immunoglobulin G, is an antibody current in our immune system. IgG reactions happen when the physique identifies particular meals as threats, triggering an immune response that may result in a spread of signs. These reactions are totally different from rapid, allergy-type responses (like hives, anaphylaxis, extreme itching, and many others) and are sometimes related to delayed signs, making them difficult to pinpoint with out specialised testing.
The At-House IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at:
The IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at is a handy at-home testing technique designed to determine potential meals sensitivities. The method usually includes a easy blood pattern, which might be collected utilizing a finger-prick package offered by the testing service. I’ll be sharing screenshots of my take a look at outcomes to supply a clear look into this expertise.
Advantages of the IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at:
The take a look at presents personalised insights into your physique’s particular reactions to a variety of meals. This data empowers you to make knowledgeable dietary decisions tailor-made to your distinctive wants. This explicit take a look at is for 190 of the most typical meals and spices!
Figuring out Hidden Triggers:
In contrast to rapid allergic reactions, IgG reactions are sometimes delayed, making it difficult to determine set off meals. The take a look at helps uncover potential hidden culprits contributing to numerous well being points.
Understanding and addressing meals sensitivities can contribute to the administration of varied signs, equivalent to bloating, fatigue, pores and skin points, mind fog, nervousness, and digestive discomfort.
Armed with data about your physique’s reactions, you possibly can optimize your vitamin by choosing meals that help your total well-being and decrease the danger of triggering inflammatory responses.
Focused Elimination Diets:
The take a look at outcomes can information the implementation of focused elimination diets. By briefly eradicating recognized set off meals, you possibly can assess the influence in your signs and step by step reintroduce meals primarily based in your physique’s responses. Relying on the severity, you’ll both take away the meals for six weeks, 12 weeks or 6 months, after which step by step add the meals again in, to see how your physique responds.
Cons of At-home Meals Sensitivity Testing:
Whereas meals sensitivity testing has gained recognition as a possible instrument for understanding particular person reactions to sure meals, it’s important to acknowledge a number of the criticisms and considerations surrounding these assessments. Critics argue that the scientific validity and reliability of many industrial meals sensitivity assessments are debatable. The primary critique stems from the variety of immune responses and the complexity of the human physique’s response to totally different meals.
Moreover, the idea of IgG reactions as indicators of meals sensitivities isn’t universally accepted inside the medical and scientific communities. Some argue that elevated IgG ranges might not essentially correlate with opposed reactions and might differ between people with out obvious signs. Furthermore, the dynamic nature of the immune system makes it difficult to ascertain definitive cause-and-effect relationships between particular meals and well being points. It’s essential for people contemplating meals sensitivity testing to method it with a essential mindset, recognizing its limitations and consulting healthcare professionals for a complete analysis of their well being considerations.
On this submit, I’ll stroll you thru my private expertise with the IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at, sharing the meals that triggered reactions, my preliminary reactions, and the way I’ve adjusted my food regimen primarily based on the outcomes. I believed it could be useful for my buddies on the market who’re contemplating this, or who’re on an analogous journey.
For this take a look at, you need to have a mixture of meals in your system, particularly meals that you just suppose could also be problematic (however ARE NOT allergic to. If you realize you’re allergic to walnuts, steer clear of walnuts). Dr. Cabral recommends an egg sandwich with cheese a couple of days earlier than testing. I needed this take a look at to be consultant of how I eat, which for now, excuses gluten and dairy. I reduce these out after I went down the Lupus rabbit gap as a couple of books advisable skipping gluten and dairy you probably have autoimmune signs. I observed an enormous enchancment in my joint ache and my eyes.
I had a couple of bites of birthday cake a couple of days earlier than the take a look at, and gluten was elevated, which verifies that it’s not the only option for me proper now.
My numbers have been additionally barely elevated for almonds, egg whites, and yogurt, which was stunning for me.
I’ve been bummed to study by this expertise that I can’t have eggs on a regular basis like I used to till I heal my intestine. I solely have them about as soon as per week now and luxuriate in each chew!! As soon as my intestine is healed, the concept is that I’ll be capable to add again dairy, gluten, and extra frequent eggs, checking for reactions alongside the way in which.
The take a look at additionally contains pattern meal rotations to assist embrace quite a lot of meals and doubtlessly scale back unfavorable reactions and responses to numerous meals.
This entire course of has been very enlightening and informative, and I’m excited to share extra alongside the way in which.
In case you’re enthusiastic about useful testing, ship me an e mail firstname.lastname@example.org topic TESTING and I’d love to assist!