If you wish to swap up your smoothie recreation, you’ll love this Carrot Banana Protein Smoothie made with almond milk and flax seed.
Carrot Banana Protein Smoothie
I really like the comfort of a protein shake once I want one thing quick and I’m making an attempt to eat sufficient protein in the course of the day. I created this post-workout protein shake as a result of I hate the unreal flavors of all of the flavored manufacturers I’ve tried—and I’ve tried a ton of them! This Carrot and Banana Smoothie with milk
offers many advantages. I used unflavored pea protein powder, a ripe banana for sweetness and vitamins like potassium and vitamin B6, carrots for beta carotene, flax for further fiber, turmeric, and almond milk. It’s a scrumptious, plant-based, high-protein breakfast recipe!! For extra banana smoothie recipes, strive my Peach Banana Inexperienced Smoothie, Blueberry Banana PB Smoothie, and Banana Date Smoothie.
Why You’ll Love This Carrot Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Excessive-Protein Smoothie: With 28.5 grams of protein, this smoothie with protein powder is ideal to drink after a exercise or for a filling and handy breakfast.
- Easy: You don’t must prep any of the elements. Simply measure and pour.
- Quick: Put all of the elements within the blender and switch it on for a fast breakfast, prepared in underneath 5 minutes.
- Excessive Fiber: It has 7 grams of fiber!
- Nutritious: Bananas and carrots add further nutritional vitamins and minerals to this wholesome smoothie.
- Vegan: A wholesome, plant-based, high-protein breakfast recipe!
What do I put in a smoothie for protein?
Protein powder gives you the most important bang in your buck because it’s a straightforward approach so as to add protein. Another high-protein elements are beneath:
- Dairy milk
- Flax and chia seeds
- Cottage cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Peanut butter powder
Protein Smoothie Components
- Milk: Almond milk retains this smoothie dairy-free. Use any nut-milk or plant based mostly milk you want!
- Protein Powder: I don’t love the style of flavored protein powder, so I usually use an unflavored one. I like this More healthy Comforts pea protein (an incredible vegan choice), however whey protein works too.
- Banana: Ensure that your banana could be very ripe for a sweeter smoothie. It ought to be principally brown.
- Carrots: Half of a giant carrot will work in the event you don’t have two child carrots.
- Floor Flax offers fiber, protein, and lots of nutritional vitamins and minerals, like thiamine and copper.
- Turmeric not solely provides this carrot and banana smoothie a reasonably golden hue however can be an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory results.
- Ice: Should you like a thicker, smoother consistency, begin with one cup of ice cubes and add extra as wanted.
- Non-obligatory, add stevia, honey or monk fruit sweetener in order for you a sweeter smoothie.
The best way to Make a Carrot Banana Protein Smoothie
It doesn’t get a lot simpler than a smoothie. Simply throw all of the elements in a high-speed blender and mix till easy.
- Seeds: Swap floor flax with chia seeds.
- Milk: Use your milk of selection.
- Banana: It’s OK to make use of frozen bananas if in case you have them in your freezer.
- Greens: For extra veggies, add some frozen cauliflower or cauliflower rice. It shouldn’t have an effect on the style.
- Collagen powder is straightforward to combine into smoothies. Add a scoop for improved bone power, hair and nail well being, and pores and skin hydration.
Are you able to prep smoothies forward of time?
This banana protein smoothie is greatest made proper earlier than you drink it, however you possibly can prep it upfront. Put all of the elements besides the ice within the blender the night time earlier than and refrigerate it. Within the morning, add the ice and mix.
Extra Wholesome Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Dimension: 1 smoothie
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 smoothie, Energy: 294 kcal, Carbohydrates: 34 g, Protein: 28.5 g, Fats: 6.5 g, Saturated Fats: 0.5 g, Sodium: 290.5 mg, Fiber: 7 g, Sugar: 17.5 g