At present we’re doing a throwback recipe from 2017. These peanut butter protein bars had been SO scrumptious once I first made them years in the past that I like to re-share them with you to remind you to make them.
These bars are severely one among my favourite more healthy treats to make as a result of they’re so freaking straightforward and do NOT require any baking. In addition they make a wonderful post-workout snack or late afternoon pick-me-up as they occur to pack 9g of protein.
Personally, I really like maintaining them within the fridge once I desire a nutrient-dense dessert that’s much like my favourite sweet on the planet.
Peanut butter + chocolate = match made in heaven
Elevate your hand if Reese’s peanut butter cups are your favourite sweet; it’s been mine since I used to be slightly lady. I keep in mind discovering my Dad’s stash of peanut butter cups within the fridge or freezer and begging him to have one after dinner. It’s humorous, I even keep in mind consuming the perimeters of the peanut butter cup after which savoring the peanut butter center for final.
Lately, I make my very own selfmade wholesome peanut butter cups, and nonetheless am obsessive about absolutely anything with a peanut butter and chocolate combo. That’s precisely the place these chocolate peanut butter protein bars are available. They supply a wholesome dose of protein, but they style like dessert. WIN WIN WIN.
Elements in these peanut butter protein bars
These chocolate peanut butter protein bars are straightforward to make as a result of there’s no baking required. All you want is a pot or two, an 8×4 inch loaf pan, parchment paper and seven easy elements:
- Peanut butter: as a result of they’re peanut butter protein bars, after all! Keep in mind to make use of an all pure peanut butter that’s made with simply peanuts and salt. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off my favourite model, Wild Buddies!
- Honey: I really like utilizing honey as a result of it’s the proper unrefined sweetener for holding the bars collectively and naturally sweetening them.
- Coconut oil: you’ll solely want a tablespoon of coconut oil so as to add moisture to the bars.
- Vanilla extract: I’m such a vanilla lover. It provides the proper taste! Discover ways to make your personal vanilla extract right here.
- Flaxseed meal: I completely LOVE how flaxseed meal provides fiber and protein to those bars.
- Protein powder: be at liberty to make use of a plant based mostly or whey protein powder. My private favorites are Important Proteins collagen peptides (which is dairy free) or 4 Sigmatic plant based mostly protein powder.
- Darkish chocolate: you need to use your favourite model of darkish chocolate bar. Be happy to make use of vegan/dairy free chocolate like this one!
- Non-obligatory: slightly fancy sea salt for sprinkling on prime.
Easy ingredient swaps
- Make them vegan: be at liberty to swap the honey for coconut palm syrup or date syrup.
- For the peanut butter: you need to use any nut butter you’d like, simply ensure that it’s made solely with nuts and salt!
Wholesome peanut butter protein bars in 4 steps
Combine the moist elements. In a medium bowl combine collectively peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla collectively till clean.
Add the dry elements. Use a spoon to combine within the flaxseed meal and protein powder, then use your palms to combine till every little thing is effectively mixed.
Press it and add chocolate. Press the combination into an 8×4 inch pan lined with parchment paper, then soften your chocolate in a small saucepan till it’s good and clean. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and tilt the pan in order that the chocolate covers the peanut butter layer fully.
Refrigerate, slice & devour. Place within the fridge for Half-hour to 1 hour earlier than slicing into 10 bars or squares (both works however I really like squares probably the most). Then get pleasure from!
- Within the fridge: retailer these chocolate peanut butter protein bars within the fridge tightly wrapped or in an hermetic bag or container for as much as 2 weeks. The proper straightforward snack to have readily available!
- Within the freezer: be at liberty to maintain them in a freezer-safe bag in your freezer for as much as 1 month. In the event you do preserve them in your freezer, make sure to depart them out on the counter for a couple of minutes earlier than serving in order that they soften up a bit.
Extra no bake snacks to attempt
Get all of my no bake snacks right here!
In the event you make these peanut butter protein bars, make sure to depart a remark beneath and price them! And don’t overlook to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram so we will see your creations!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
No bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars that style similar to a peanut butter cup. These low carb peanut butter protein bars can be your new favourite snack to maintain in your fridge and luxuriate in all week lengthy!
- ¾ cup pure creamy peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
- ¼ cup honey (or coconut palm syrup, if vegan)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup floor flaxseed meal
- ½ cup of your favourite vanilla or plain protein powder*
- 2.5 ounces your favourite 85% darkish chocolate bar
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling on prime
In a medium bowl combine collectively peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla collectively till clean. Add in floor flaxseed meal and protein powder of alternative. Use a spoon to combine collectively till you possibly can’t anymore, then use clear palms to assist work collectively. The batter must be much like cookie dough.
Press into an 8×4 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
Make the chocolate layer by including 2.5 ounces of darkish chocolate to a small saucepan and melting till utterly clean. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and tilt the pan in order that the chocolate covers the peanut butter layer fully.
Place within the fridge for Half-hour-1 hour earlier than slicing into 10 bars or squares (both works however I really like squares probably the most). Retailer lined within the fridge till able to eat. Bars will preserve for as much as two weeks.
For the protein powder: you need to use plant based mostly or a whey protein. My private favourite is Important Proteins collagen peptides (which is dairy free) however I additionally love aloha vanilla plant based mostly protein powder for this recipe. These are the 2 I extremely suggest for taste and consistency on this recipe.
See the total publish for straightforward methods to customise these protein bars!
Serving: 1protein barEnergy: 210calCarbohydrates: 13.4gProtein: 8.6gFats: 13.8gSaturated Fats: 3.4gFiber: 2.8gSugar: 8g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially revealed on December 4th, 2017, republished on August nineteenth, 2019, republished on August thirtieth, 2022, and republished on January fifteenth, 2024.