These Spinach-Artichoke Crostini are topped with a wealthy and creamy unfold that’s straightforward to assemble for a vacation appetizer!
This Spinach-Artichoke Crostini recipe is much like my spinach-artichoke dip—solely they’re completely portioned and far simpler to eat at a cocktail occasion. Plus, they’re a bit of lighter since they’re topped with contemporary Parmesan cheese, and the dip has no mayo or mozzarella. I even have these White Bean Crostini if you need one other crostini topping concept.
Why This Crostini Recipe Works
- Celebration Worthy: This crostini appetizer is scrumptious and glorious for serving visitors this vacation season.
- Make Forward: Make the dip and slice the bread a day early, so it’s one much less factor in your to-do listing the day of your occasion.
- Simple to Serve: These mini crostini are straightforward to eat at a celebration as they’re bite-sized and don’t require a plate or utensils—excellent as a handed app.
- Pre-portioned: The person parts make it straightforward to maintain observe of what number of you’ve eaten.
What’s the distinction between crostini and bruschetta?
The primary distinction between crostini and bruschetta is the bread. Crostini usually use baguettes which can be sliced thinner and smaller, whereas bruschetta is extra rustic and sometimes made with sourdough that’s rubbed with garlic and grilled till toasty. Crostini means “little toasts,” and bruschetta, from the phrase buscare,
means “to roast over coals” in Italian.
- Shallot and Garlic: Chop one medium shallot and three garlic cloves.
- Salt and Pepper to season the spinach
- Spinach: You’ll want one six-ounce bag of contemporary child spinach.
- Crostini Bread: Purchase one baguette.
- Artichoke Hearts: Drain one can of artichokes packed in water.
- Cream Cheese: Deliver a half cup of sunshine cream cheese to room temperature.
- Pink Pepper Flakes are non-compulsory, however don’t skip them when you like a bit of warmth.
- Parmigiano Reggiano: Grate a bit of Parmigiano Reggiano into the dip and on high of the crostini.
Methods to Make Spinach Artichoke Crostini
- Spinach: Sauté the shallots and garlic over medium warmth in a big skillet, and season them with salt and pepper. Then add the spinach a handful at a time and prepare dinner till it’s simply wilted.
- Minimize the baguette and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray the tops evenly with olive oil. Bake till the perimeters are golden, and the tops are crisp. Subsequent, flip the slices over and spray with extra oil.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip: Pulse the artichokes a number of instances in a meals processor. Add the spinach combination, cream cheese, and pink pepper flakes, and grate an oz of Parmigiano into the meals processor. Pulse till the greens are finely chopped, and the cream cheese is evenly distributed.
- Bake the Crostini: Unfold a tablespoon of the spinach-artichoke combination onto every baguette slice, and bake for about 10 minutes. Allow them to cool, after which grate the remaining cheese excessive.
- Cheese: Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano has the most effective taste however will be expensive. Purchase common parmesan or Pecorino Romano to save lots of a bit of cash. And if you wish to save time too, purchase it already grated.
- Shallot: Swap the shallot with a pink onion.
- Spinach: When you want utilizing frozen spinach, thaw and drain it earlier than including it to the meals processor.
How To Make Forward
These straightforward spinach-artichoke crostini are nice for serving at a celebration. Listed below are a number of suggestions:
- Double the recipe if you’ll want to serve extra folks.
- Make Forward: Make the spinach-artichoke dip and slice the baguette a day early.
- Leftover dip will final for as much as 4 days within the fridge. Crostini are greatest eaten the day they’re toasted, however in case you have leftovers, retailer them within the fridge and reheat them within the air fryer, oven, or a pan on the range.
Extra Spinach Artichoke Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 16 servings
Serving Dimension: 2 crostini
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth. When the pan is sizzling, spray it evenly with olive oil spray to coat, then add the shallot and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
Cook dinner, stirring usually, till the shallot is beginning to soften and grow to be translucent, 2 to three minutes. Add the spinach a handful at a time, stirring after every, and prepare dinner simply till wilted, one other 2 to three minutes. Put aside to chill for a couple of minutes.
Whereas the spinach cools, lower the baguette into 1/2-inch thick slices on the diagonal. Relying on the dimensions of your baguette, you need to get wherever from 28 to 36 slices.
Unfold the baguette slices out on the baking sheet (they might be a bit cramped now, however will shrink as they bake) and spray the highest facet evenly with olive oil. Bake till the perimeters are golden and the highest facet is crisp, about 10 minutes. Take away the pan, flip the bread slices, and spray evenly with olive oil. Set the bread apart for now.
In a meals processor, add the drained artichokes and pulse a number of instances simply to begin to break them up. Add the spinach combination, cream cheese, and the pink pepper flakes (if utilizing). Grate 1 ounce of Parmesan (1/4 cup) into the meals processor and pulse once more till the greens are finely chopped and the cream cheese is evenly distributed.
Style and add extra salt and pepper if vital.
Unfold every slice of baguette with 1 tablespoon of the artichoke combination. Return the pan to the oven and bake till the topping is effervescent and the perimeters of the bread are browned, about 10 minutes.
Let the crostini cool for a couple of minutes, then grate the remaining 1/2 ounce of Parmesan (2 tablespoons) excessive. Serve straight away.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us understand how you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 crostini, Energy: 97 kcal, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 4.5 g, Fats: 2.5 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 7.5 mg, Sodium: 219 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 2 g