This moist tropical banana pound cake is a candy and boozy dessert made with ripe bananas, lime, a splash of rum, and a sprinkle of shredded coconut. It’s your favourite Caribbean flavors in a single scrumptious pound cake recipe!
Straightforward Tropical Banana Pound Cake Recipe
Slather on that sunscreen and maintain onto your sunhats as a result of this do-it-yourself Banana Pound Cake recipe is taking us on a tropical trip. This can be a smooth and tender pound cake crammed with candy banana taste and brightened up with lime. Plus, we’ll throw in a beneficiant splash of Malibu rum (it’s a vacation, in any case) and a sprinkle of coconut on high. This moist pound cake is a burst of the tropics in dessert type.
Why You’ll Love This Banana Pound Cake Recipe
- Tropical taste. This recipe is popping with the Caribbean flavors of candy bananas, zesty lime, and easy coconut rum.
- Moist and tender. This pound cake is simply the correct quantity of dense and smooth, with a moist and tender crumb that melts in your mouth. It’s actually scrumptious!
- Straightforward to make. You don’t want something fancy for this pound cake. It’s possible you’ll have already got the whole lot you want within the pantry!
Find out how to Make Banana Pound Cake
I don’t learn about you, however I can hear the palm timber rustling already. Let’s kick issues off with a fast overview of the important thing components you’ll must make your fluffy banana pound cake. You’ll want to scroll to the recipe card beneath the submit for the complete quantities and recipe directions.
- Baking Staples: This recipe requires baking necessities like flour, butter, sugar, eggs, salt, for the pound cake batter.
- Banana: You’ll want one overripe, speckled banana. Identical to when making banana bread, the riper the higher!
- Rum: Sure, rum! A splash of Malibu or spiced rum offers your banana pound cake a zesty, Caribbean really feel.
- Lime: Freshly squeezed lime juice is a should.
- Shredded Coconut: For sprinkling over high of the completed pound cake.
- Sift the dry components. First, sift collectively the flour and salt.
- Mash the banana. In a separate bowl, mash up your banana with milk, rum, and lime juice.
- Make the batter. In the meantime, use a stand mixer to cream the butter along with sugar. Beat within the eggs one after the other till mixed. Subsequent, alternate mixing within the flour combination and banana combination till properly mixed.
- Fill the pan(s). Pour the batter into two greased and floured loaf pans (or a bundt pan). For those who’re making this cake in a bundt pan, sprinkle the shredded coconut within the backside first. For those who’ve crammed two loaf pans, add the coconut over high of the batter.
- Bake. Bake your banana pound cake for 50-60 minutes or till a toothpick caught within the center comes out clear. Afterward, wait whereas the cake cools within the pan for a couple of minutes earlier than transferring the cake to a wire rack to complete cooling utterly.
Ideas and Variation Concepts
Earlier than you go completely bananas for this pound cake, listed here are some closing ideas and straightforward variations you could take note:
- Grease and flour the pan. Give the pan(s) an excellent coating with butter or shortening and a beneficiant dusting with flour to forestall this cake from sticking.
- When mashing the bananas, use a fork, and don’t fear if there are just a few chunks remaining afterward.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing cake batter results in a dense and difficult pound cake that received’t rise correctly. Be sure that to solely combine till the dry components are simply mixed with the moist batter.
- Stop over-baking. If the cake is browning too shortly, tent it with foil for the remaining baking time.
- Extra add-ins. Chocolate chips and chopped pecans or walnuts are simple add-ins for a banana pound cake.
- Pineapple. For much more tropical aptitude, add pineapple chunks! Watch out with moist add-ins, and ensure to empty the pineapple properly and pat it dry beforehand. I additionally advocate tossing the pineapple chunks in flour first to maintain them from sinking within the batter.
- Add a glaze. Borrow the straightforward vanilla glaze from my baked donuts recipe to drizzle over the completed pound cake.
Is There a Distinction Between Bundt Cake and Pound Cake?
Technically, any cake is usually a Bundt cake, ie. baked in a Bundt pan. A pound cake, nonetheless, is a specific form of cake that’s a bit extra dense. Pound muffins have been initially made with a pound every of sugar, butter, eggs, and flour (therefore the title). Whereas this banana cake recipe strays from custom ingredients-wise, it’s nonetheless labeled as a pound cake!
What to Serve with Banana Pound Cake
This banana pound cake is an ideal candy addition to a summertime brunch (or a style of the tropics any time of the 12 months). Pair slices with espresso, a spiced cinnamon dolce latte, or your favourite brunch cocktails. Pineapple Dole Whip mimosas, anybody? Listed here are extra tasty serving concepts:
Find out how to Retailer Banana Pound Cake
- To Retailer. Retailer the cake in an hermetic container or wrap it tightly, and preserve it within the fridge for as much as 2-3 days. My banana pound cake hardly ever lasts lengthy (it’s that good!) so I can’t say a lot about longer-term storage. 😉
- Freezer. This pound cake freezes properly. As soon as it’s cooled utterly, double-wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap, or retailer it in an hermetic container or freezer bag. Freeze the pound cake for as much as 2-3 months, and defrost it within the fridge earlier than serving.
Extra Banana Recipes to Attempt
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Grease two 9-inch loaf pans or one 10-inch bundt pan with butter and dirt with flour; put aside.
Whisk collectively the flour and salt to mix and put aside.
Mix mashed banana, rum, and lime juice in a separate bowl.
In your mixer’s bowl cream the butter on medium-high till gentle and fluffy.
Slowly add the sugar and proceed to beat till totally mixed and no lumps seem.
Add the eggs one after the other, beating every egg till properly integrated.
On low pace, add the flour combination to the butter combination alternately with the banana combination; beat till properly integrated.
Pour the batter into the ready pan(s) and high with shredded coconut. *If utilizing a bundt pan, sprinkle the shredded coconut onto the underside of the pan earlier than pouring within the batter.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the heart of the cake comes out clear. Tent with aluminum foil to forestall browning.
Cool in pan for quarter-hour.
Take away from pan and funky utterly on a wire rack.
Energy: 199 kcal | Carbohydrates: 39 g | Protein: 2 g | Fats: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Ldl cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 59 mg | Potassium: 103 mg | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 23 g | Vitamin A: 40 IU | Vitamin C: 1.4 mg | Calcium: 25 mg | Iron: 1.2 mg | Web Carbs: 39 g
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could fluctuate in accordance with the components and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed information.